Kahlua S'more Shooter
This smooth little concoction is for adults only. If you like Kahlua, it’s a tasty creamy bite that is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. It’s easy to make around the campfire, but if you get the urge on a rainy night you can always carefully roast a marshmallow over the stove. And assembly is oh so easy.
Here are the steps to make a perfect S’more Bite:
- Place a Nilla wafer on a plate. This is an optional step. It’s not needed for taste because all the flavor is contained with the marshmallow, but adds to the presentation if you are serving them. Plus, the wafer will soak up Kahlua in case you happen to over pour on the last step.
- Roast a large marshmallow. If roasting over the stove, use a long metal skewer and try not to poke the skewer all the way through the other end of the marshmallow. Roast slowly, being careful not to get too close to the flame or burner.
- Slide the marshmallow off the stick onto the Nilla wafer.
- Pierce one tiny rectangle of a Hershey’s Bar (or another small piece of chocolate) into the center of the roasted marshmallow.
- Pour, carefully, a small amount of Kahlua into the hole in the center of the marshmallow without overflowing the cavity.
- Bite and Enjoy! It’s actually two bites for most people, but beware: some of the goodness might end up down the front of your shirt!
How to Make S'more Cupcakes
This new cupcake mix by Betty Crocker is actually quite good and very easy to make. You could make them yourself, but then if these are on sale ($1.99-2.99), why bother? The only thing is that the package doesn’t come with frosting. Make a chocolate ganache for the top and your cupcake becomes extremely hard to resist.
To make chocolate ganache:
- Heat 1 Cup of heavy cream in a pan JUST to boiling.
- Add 9 ounces of bittersweet chocolate and turn off the heat.
- Whisk together when melted.
- Cool. Then pour over cooled s’more cupcakes.
Mini Muffin Pan S'mores
Make a tiny s’more cookie in a non-stick or greased mini muffin pan. Here are the easy steps to make two mini-muffin pans of s’more bites:
- Pre-heat oven to 375°
- Mix together 12 Graham Crackers (rolled to fine crumbs in a heavy duty baggie), 6 Tablespoons of Melted Butter & 1/4 Cup Sugar. Then put a rounded tablespoon of mixture into each muffin pan hole and press your thumb in the middle to force the mixture down on the bottom and up the sides.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes.
- Fill the baked muffin holes with a mixture of tiny Marshmallows & Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips (or milk chocolate chips if you prefer).
- Bake for another 6-8 minutes until the marshmallows just begin to brown.
These s’more bites are best eaten about 5 minutes after removing from the oven, left longer they will harden and become crispy (but still tasty).
If you didn’t BBQ and don’t want the danger of cooking marshmallows over the stove try this easy oven method to make s’mores.
- Pre-heat oven to 375°
- Assemble your s’more on a piece of aluminum foil using a graham cracker square, a square of milk chocolate, a large marshmallow and then another graham cracker square on top.
- Seal the aluminum foil around the s’more and bake at 350-400 (whatever you had the oven on for dinner) and bake for about 6-10 minutes depending on oven temperature until the marshmallow is melter. Un-wrap carefully and enjoy.
For some flag cake desserts, check out our post from last year on 4th of July cakes.