Chili Con Cupcakes
Chili Con Cupcakes Ingredients
To assemble these little beauties you need the above ingredients (or similar if you’ve got favorite brands, just make sure its a thick hearty chili).
Chili Con Cupcakes Recipe Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Grease (or spray) the muffin pans first so that the Chili Con Cupcakes will pop out easily after baking.
Alternately, you could use muffin pan liners.
- Make the cornbread according to the package directions by stirring in 1 egg and 1/3 cup milk with a wooden spoon.
Then pour the mixture into a regular sized muffin pan – filling 12 holes instead of just the 6 that the package usually makes.
- Place about 1 heaping tablespoon of chili into the center of each cornbread mixture.
- Sprinkle each muffin with about a heaping tablespoon of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
Let the cheese peak in the middle and completely cover the muffin hole, but not hang over.
- Place the muffin pan into a pre-heated 400°F oven for about 12-14 minutes.
The tops will have risen up and the edges will begin to turn golden brown (but the centers will not completely peak like a regular cupcake due to the chili).
Surprise! Look at all that yummy goodness sealed inside. The cornbread cooked perfectly, the chili is hot and the cheese formed a perfect covering to it all.
Go a step further, if you like, and pipe a dollop of sour cream on top to make your kids think you’ve lost it and are serving dessert for dinner! These also make a great lunch for a crowd.
Chili Con Cupcakes should be taken from the muffin pan after baking and eaten while still warm. Store any leftovers in the fridge, they can be briefly microwaved to reheat.