Food Hacks - Save Time and/or Money
12 Kitchen Food Hack Ideas
Here are a dozen food hacks – tips that can help solve some common problems and/or add value in and around the kitchen. They are simple, usually one step, solutions to some common kitchen troubles. Save yourself a little time, money or fuss by looking through this list of a dozen helpful food hacks.
Although most people love summer, there are some little hassles that can show up at that time of year. Whether it’s bugs settling into your patio drink, removing the pit from your cherry or keeping your fish from sticking to the grill – something is bound to give you a little challenge.
So, read on for some creative solutions to some of life’s little kitchen problems.
12 Kitchen Food Hack Ideas
1) Keep Drinks Bug-Free… with Cupcake Liners!
2) Don’t water down your lemonade… add Lemons to your ice cubes!
3) Don’t waste that last bit of Nutella… make Nutella Hot Chocolate!
4) Use your Waffle Iron… to make Hash Browns!
5) Need an instant Omelette… Keep the Waffle Iron out!
6) Save your fresh herbs from an early expiration… use an old ice cube tray to make Frozen Herb Butter!
7) Turn soft tortillas into Crunchy Taco Shells… in your microwave!
8) Keep your Fish from sticking to the grill… and add a lemony flavor!
9) Make Stirring Natural Peanut Butter Easy… store it upside down!
If you store natural butters (peanut, almond, etc) upside down when you get home from the store they will be far easier to stir when you open them. This is true if you like very creamy butter, but we actually prefer to dump out most of the oil (and save it for stir-frying) that settles on the top and then use our muscles to stir the remaining product.
10) Don’t let your cut cake dry out… use bread to keep it fresh!
Simply place a slice of bread, keeping it in place with toothpicks, over the cut edges of the cake. Air will then dry out the bread and not the cake.
11) Don’t let an egg shell ruin your recipe… let the egg shell pick it up for you!
If you’ve washed your eggs first, like you should, then use the half egg shell to scoop up the piece that fell into your bowl. The shells actually attract to each other and save you chasing all over for that elusive piece of shell.
12) Eliminate nasty spitting when eating fresh cherries… use a funnel!
Cherries are great to sit in a bowl for easy snacking, except then you need another bowl handy to hold all the pits. Eliminate this by easily pitting the cherries beforehand by placing a funnel upside down on a plate. Place each cherry on top of the funnel and press down. Do this if you’re eating them fresh or making a pie, no one likes the pit.
Similar to food hacks, check our grocery hacks for ways to get the most from your dollar at the grocery store.
For an unusual and refreshing drink, check out pop beer.
We’ve also got some tool hacks, check our new uses for old tools for alternate ways to use various other gadgets you may have in the back of your cupboards or drawers.