April Fools Oranges
Ingredients & Instructions
Ingredients to make these fake April Fools oranges:
1 & 1/2 cups of water
2 packages (3 oz size) orange jello mix
2 fresh oranges
This recipe of orange halves will result in 16 slices of orange jello.
Instructions to make April Fools Oranges:
- Cut the oranges in half.
- Remove the flesh from the rind.
This can be done in two different ways. Either loosen and then scoop out the orange from the rinds with a spoon and use the orange flesh in a fruit salad or tossed into a green salad. Or, use a manual juicer to extract all the juice into a container to drink as fresh squeezed orange juice. If any orange remains in the rind, gently peel it out so you are left with a nice looking orange rind. Be careful to keep the rinds free of any holes. .
- Arrange the orange rinds into an empty muffin pan.
Make sure that the rinds sit level across the top.
- Boil the water and then stir in the powdered jello mix until well dissolved.
- Pour the prepared jello mix into the orange rinds, filling them as close to the top as possible while still being able to carry them.
- Place the muffin pan into the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight to be sure that they are firmly set before the next step.
- Slice each orange half with a very sharp knife 3 times from the center in order to produce 4 slices.
To make these slices spiked for adults only, reduce the water used to 1 cup and then add 1/2 cup of Vodka when making the jello mix. Then remember to eat responsibly!