Valentine Rice Krispie Recipe
To Make these rice krispie treats:
1) Line the heart shaped cake pan with a piece of saran or plastic wrap and push the plastic wrap into each heart shape.
2) Melt 3 Tablespoons of butter in a non-stick pan on low heat and then add a bag (10oz) of miniature marshmallows and stir gently over low heat until completely melted.
3) Remove from heat and stir in 1tsp of vanilla and then 6 cups of rice crispies. This will make about 12 heart shaped treats, depending on the size of your pan.
4) Quickly press the mixture into the prepared pan (put a little butter on your hand to firmly press the mixture into the heart shapes). <* Optional: You can remove the hearts in a few minutes and insert a popsicle stick into the center bottom of each heart to make them like lollipops.
5) Melt about 1/2 Cup or Wilton Red Chocolates (available in craft stores) in the microwave in a microwave safe bowl. They melt very quickly, so microwave for about 30 seconds then stir and melt for 20-30 more seconds and stir again until completely smooth (being careful not to over-cook).
6) Spoon the chocolate onto half of the heart and then shake some Valentine sprinkles on top. You could instead drizzle the melted chocolate randomly over the treat for a different look, but it is not recommended to dip the entire heart in chocolate as it gets way too sweet for most people that way.
These Valentine treats can be left covered on the counter for several days. Enjoy!