Cake Mix Bundt Cakes
These recipes are all easy, and therefore very difficult to mess up, you just have to resist following the directions on the cake box and use these basic steps instead:
These first two pair well with coffee and because they are slightly heartier with the addition of fruits or nuts (remember we said slightly, a cake is still a cake). They are also a little more involved to make. We like to enjoy them in the morning and call them coffee cakes.
Blueberry Cream Bundt
Ingredients for Blueberry Cream Bundt
Instructions for Blueberry Cream Bundt
- Cream the cream cheese and coconut oil on high speed until smooth.
- Add the cake mix, eggs, pudding mix and vanilla and then mix on medium speed for 4 minutes.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Pour into a prepared bundt pan, this mix will be thick so spread to even.
- Bake in pre-heated 325°F oven for about 50 minutes (cake springs back when touched).
- Glaze, if desired, with a mixture of 1 cup powdered sugar & juice of 1 orange.
Apple Cinnamon Coffee Cake
Ingredients for Apple Bundt Cake:
Instructions for Apple Bundt Cake:
- Mix together cake ingredients on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Combine in a small bowl the brown sugar, cinnamon and walnuts & set aside.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared bundt pan.
- Cover with 1/2 the sliced Apples (I’m still using apples that were picked in early September and stored in the fridge).
- Sprinkle with 1/2 the cinnamon mixture.
- Pour the remaining cake mixture on top.
- Layer the remaining Apples.
- Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon mixture.
- Bake in preheated 350°F (175°C) oven for about an hour.
- Glaze if desired with a mixture of 1 cup Confectioners Sugar & 2 Tbs Milk.
Cake Mix Bundt Cakes
This green cake makes a nice presentation for St. Patrick’s Day or Christmas, but tastes good any time of year.
Ingredients for Pistachio Bundt Cake:
Instructions for Pistachio Bundt Cake:
Amaretto Bundt Cake
Ingredients for Amaretto Cake - Adults Only!
Instructions for Amaretto Cake Adults Only!
Prepare the Glaze:
We’ve saved the best for last and actually used the cake mix pictured above that was well beyond its best by date. As you can see, the pictures came out fine and believe me there was not a drop of cake leftover to even consider throwing away.
This cake uses a thick cream cheese frosting, don’t even try to skimp on that step. This cake actually tastes similar to a Red Velvet Cake, but without wasting a bottle of red food color.
Ingredients for Mocha Cake
For the Cake:
For the Frosting: *Make sure your ingredients are at room temperature*
Instructions for Mocha Cake
- Beat the ingredients for 1 minute on low and then 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Bake the cake in preheated 350°F oven for about 35 minutes.
- Make the frosting by beating the the first 4 ingredients until creamy & then gently adding the sugar. This frosting should be thick, it’s not a glaze. Refrigerate until ready to frost the cake.
- Cool the cake completely and then frost, this takes the cake to a whole new level.
- Dust with Cocoa Powder.
This cake is so moist, it has a little trouble standing alone.