2 Ingredient Nutella Brownies
I was never really a fan of Nutella, because when I got home with the jar I stopped to read the ingredients. But, the best by date had just passed so I thought I really should do something with the jar and created the Nutella Cookies which we found incredibly delicious and then I tried some on top of a few apple donuts while making different flavor combinations and it was one of my favorites in tasting all the different creations. Hummmm, now I see why people crave this stuff!
Then I was in the dentist office and flipping through People magazine and saw this recipe for Nutella Brownies – a very different and intriguing way to make incredible looking brownies with only 2 ingredients (ok, technically 3 with the pinch of salt… or 4 when you make them look pretty with a dusting of powdered sugar… but who’s counting?)! Would they really come out looking like that and tasting like they looked? Thus began my journey with my new Hamilton Beach toaster oven and a strange new recipe.
Instructions to Make Two-Ingredient Nutella Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease an 8″x8″ pan or 2 mini muffin pans (24 minis).
- Whip at high speed with an electric mixer 4 extra-large Eggs and a pinch of Salt until they become thick, fluffy and pale colored (about 5 minutes).
- Place 1 cup of Nutella into the microwave for 30-40 seconds, stir and then microwave another 30-40 seconds until it becomes thin and runny.
- Set the mixer to medium and slowly pour the melted Nutella into the egg mixture (which will quickly reduce to about half the size).
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 17-20 minutes, 8-10 minutes for mini muffins (or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean).
- Dust with powdered sugar while still warm.
These Nutella brownies were fun to make, but the texture was not what we look for in a true brownie. It’s kind of like an firm egg custard when warm, but it does get better when cooled and we think they were even better the next day. If you just want to make one mini muffin pan, this recipe is easily halved.