Red and Green Holiday Foods
Make your foods scream holiday by playing off some vibrant red and green colors that come naturally (well, a few of the desserts do use some food color). There’s something about serving a plate of red and green that appeals to both the eyes and the spirit. Most of the following festive foods are all super simple to put together, but they just might leave a lasting impression on your family and friends.
Read on for a collection of red and green festive foods spanning from appetizers all the way to desserts. We’ve got 15 suggestions for ways to show your Christmas spirit using food. Five appetizers, five main dishes, and five desserts are all included here along with their corresponding recipes.
Festive Appetizers and Side Dishes
- Tomatoes & Basil
- Kiwi & Pomegranate
- Spinach & Strawberries
- Broccoli & Red Peppers
- Strawberries & Grapes
Festive Main Dishes
- Red and Green Lasagna
- White Lasagna with Red and Green Vegetables
- Cut Out Pizza with Peppers
- Sausage Sandwiches
- Swiss Chard & White Bean Soup
Festive Foods Desserts
- Red & Green Jello Cakes
- Red and/or Green Yule Logs
- Christmas Peanut Butter Kisses
- Christmas Biscotti
- Red and Green Frosted Shortbread
- Also, for a cupcake that the kids will love, see our santa hat cupcake recipe.