Ingredients for Chocolate Mousse Pie
Ingredients for a Chocolate Mousse Pie
Yes, this recipe uses 4 cups of heavy cream! Delicious, but banned on most diets.
Recipe for Chocolate Mousse Pie
- Place 22 Oreos into the food processor along with 4 Tablespoons of room temperature Butter. Hold the pulse button until fine crumbs. BAM! Your crust is ready to press firmly into the bottom and sides of a deep dish pie pan.
- Bake the crust at 375°F for 10 minutes. Completely cool the crust before filling.
- Whip 2 Cups of Heavy Cream, while adding 1/4 cup of Sugar through the tube. Hold the puree button until a firm whipped cream texture is achieved. BAM! Whipped Cream! Set this aside for step #6.
- Whip another cup of heavy cream with sugar & vanilla (topping ingredients) until firm whipped cream texture. Place this into a baggie (freezer weight) or pastry bag and place in the refrigerator for decorating the top of the pie (step #7).
- Place the broken baking chocolate (use good chocolate) into the food processor along with a teaspoon of Vanilla & a pinch of Salt. Bring 1 Cup of Heavy Cream just to a boil and then pour it directly into the spout of the food processor and hit the puree button. BAM! You’ve got a firm chocolate ganache.
- Fold the cream mixture (step #3) into the chocolate mixture. Fill the cooled pie shell with this chocolate mousse mixture.
- Use a star tip to pipe stars around the edge of the pie or pipe any decoration for your occasion. Sprinkle with grated chocolate or sprinkles, if desired.
Note: We do this now so we don’t have to wash the food processor so many times, just scrape it clean from step #3 and then scrape it again before step #5. If you decide to rinse it, make sure that you use cold water lastly because to make whipped cream you always want cold cream and a cold bowl to mix it in or it will not cream properly.