How Long to Boil Eggs – Instructions to make hard boiled eggs:
- 1) Place clean fresh eggs in a pan. (It’s best to have eggs fill the bottom of the pan in a single layer, so if you are only boiling a few eggs, use a small pan.)
- 2) Add COLD water to the pan until it completely covers the eggs, plus about 2 inches.
- 3) Place the pan on medium-high heat until the water bubbles everywhere on the surface.
- 4) Reduce the heat to medium-low or low and continue to boil gently for 10 minutes. Do not keep the eggs on a full boil or you will have very tough whites. Do not cook longer or you will have a greenish ring around the yolk.
- 5) Rinse the eggs with PLENTY of COLD water while being careful to keep the eggs in the pan.
- 6) Place the eggs in the fridge to cool (you can keep the eggs in same pan, but be sure all the water has been removed).
- 7) When cooled, peel the shells from the hard boiled eggs (gently roll the hard boiled eggs between your palm and the counter to loosen the shell first and make peeling much easier). Rinse the peeled hard boiled eggs, just in case any shell particles remain on the boiled egg.
Part of the Problem
So remember, How long to boil eggs? – 10 Minutes!
Thank you for visting Eat By Date, check back soon for updates and posts on food safety, tips, and much more!
If you want to try something different when peeling, watch the youtube video in this post for a quick peeling trick.
To find out how long hard boiled eggs remain good to eat, visit our how long do hard boiled eggs last page.