Steps How To Make Deviled Eggs
Ingredients to Make Deviled Eggs:To make deviled eggs from 6 whole eggs:
The above amounts and ingredients can be varied to taste.
Instructions to Make Deviled Eggs
- Start with hard boiled eggs. Carefully shell each egg and rinse it in cold water to remove any bits of shell. For instructions on how to make eggs where the shell just slides right off and the yolk remains bright yellow, see our post on how to make hard boiled eggs. To make sure your existing hard boiled eggs are still good, see our post on hard boiled egg shelf life.
- Slice each egg carefully along the long side and pop the yellow yolks into a bowl.
- Add the above ingredients to the yolks and smash everything well with a fork until smooth, or chunky if you prefer.
- Place a spoonful of mixture into the hole of each egg white. For a fancier look, you can use a pastry bag with a ridged tip (or strong baggie with a cut corner) and pipe a doll-up into each hole but it is not necessary to make beautiful deviled eggs. Egg whites are slippery, so a plate with indents is very helpful but not necessary.
- Sprinkle the deviled eggs with Paprika and/or add a small spring of parsley, basil or other fresh herb, if desired.
Variations when making Deviled Eggs
How to make deviled eggs can be as simple as smashing yolks together with mayonnaise and a little salt & pepper or you can add about any other flavor you like when making deviled eggs. We are purists and like the simple flavor of eggs, but some people add dill, relish, pickles, onion, garlic or hot sauce among other things.
You can also make deviled eggs in pastel colors by dying the egg whites once the yolks are removed. Just put a few drops of food coloring and about 1/2 tsp of rice vinegar into about 1/2 cup of water. Soak the egg whites until the desired color is achieved and then let dry on a paper towel before filling with the yolk mixture.
How Long Do Deviled Eggs Last in the Fridge?So, how long do deviled eggs last? When properly stored, which means covered in an airtight container or wrap, deviled eggs last approximately …
|Deviled Eggs last for||2-4 Days|
How to tell if Deviled Eggs have gone bad?
Only leave your deviled eggs on the counter for less than 2 hours when serving, less time in hot weather due to the mayonnaise content. Always refrigerate your deviled eggs covered tightly. When deviled eggs begin to expire the whites will get sweaty and the yellows begin to darken in color as they lose moisture.
When they have aged way too far, they will smell like… well, rotten eggs!To find out more about hard boiled eggs, check our page how long cooked eggs last.